BEST TIME OF YEAR
- Dove hunting is excellent in Argentina all year and there is no limit for dove hunting.
- If your home is in North America there is a 6 months difference in seasons. The weather is usually moderate. Temperatures range from 50 to 85 Degrees. Dress in layers and you will be comfortable.
WHAT TO PACK FOR HUNTING
- Shooting vest - Cabela's men's Targetmaster half vest Item #IK-946245 ($29.99) is an excellent choice.
- Shooting eyewear - Bring both sunglasses and safety glasses that will safely accommodate all shooting conditions.
- Ear protection
- Shooting gloves to protect your hands from a hot gun. Gloves should be protective while also being nimble enough to feel the safety, trigger and load your gun. The finger tip of your shooting gloves can be cut off to aid in feeling the trigger.
- Camo clothes and hat is not required however earthy tones greens and Browns work well. Do not wear bright colored clothing, sunscreen, bug spray, rain gear, bandaids or any other items that are fragrance. Items needed such as lens wipes for your glasses, leather boots and other such items can be stored in a field backpack.
TYPICAL DOVE HUNT DAY
- 6-6:30am - Wake Up Call
- 7am - Breakfast
- 8-8:30am - Leave for Field Hunt (Don't Forget your field backpack with your hunting gear.)
- 8:30-9am - Travel to hunting field will be less than an hour, usually around 30 minutes. Shooting is until lunchtime or when you or the group wants to stop and return to the lodge for lunch.
- 12-1pm - Lunch
- 1-3pm - Following lunch will be a brief siesta
- 3-4pm - Leave for the hunting field for the evening hunt. the evening hunt is usually until dark or until everyone in the group is finished.
- Dinner is served one to two hours after returning to the lodge after the evening hunt.
- There is an open bar to make your favorite drinks. Some whiskeys are difficult to find in Argentina. If you would like a special blend check to duty-free store prior to leaving the airport. In the field Beer, soda, bottled water will be provided. The water at the lodge is usually safe to drink, but inquire first.
- Departure airports from the United States to Argentina are Miami, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I would recommend departure from Miami International Airport for several reasons. First I live in Miami Beach which is a 25 minute drive to the Miami International Airport so if something happens such as scheduled flights are delayed Etc I am close by to be able to help you. The flight from Miami is about 9 1/2 hours.
- Many clients have to travel for the better part of the day just to get to a departure airport, so why not break up the trip and enjoy what Miami has to offer such as Beach life, fine dining and charter fishing trips. I am a licensed offshore fishing guide and offer hourly and daily fishing trips from Miami Beach.
- All auction bid winners who choose to book an offshore fishing trip are automatically upgraded to VIP Charter status which is a $250 value. VIP status includes Beer, soda, water and at the end of your day of fishing a meal is prepared with your catch for dinner. Your dinner will be prepared by Chef Jaime or myself at my waterfront home on Miami Beach. Kite fishing for sailfish, tuna or dolphin interests you just ask Captain Bryan what's biting.
- Below is a list of the most commonly used airports and airport codes.
- MIA - Miami International Airport
- DFW - Dallas-Fort Worth International
- SFO - San Francisco International
- LAX - Los Angeles International
ARGENTINA AIRPORT CODES
- EZE - Ministro Pistarini International (Buenos Aires)
- AEP - Areoparque Jorge Newbery Domestic Airport (Buenos Aires)
- Ground transportation between the Buenos Aires International and domestic airport is approximately 1-hour ground travel time.
- Start October 2020 you are required to carry two forms of identification such as a passport and a federally accepted ID card or driver's license. Verify that your state driver's license is compliant which federal regulations.
- The most commonly used communication form is a cell phone app which is called WhatsApp. It's a free app and is easy to download on your cell phone for both iPhone and Android cell phones. International calling services are not used by the Argentina locals. International calling plans with Verizon cost $10 per day or $60 per month and service areas are limited. Wi-Fi is available almost everywhere in this city and also at the lodge as well.
- Inform your credit card company of your travel plans so there will be no issue using your bank or credit cards while out of the country.
- Medications are recommended in their original prescription bottles. Make sure vaccinations and tetanus shots are up-to-date and current.
- Ground transportation from the airport to Lodge is $50 per person. Free transportation from the airport to Lodge for groups of 4 hunters or more is free if you purchase the VIP package.
GUN RENTAL & SHELL COSTS
- Gun rental is $65 per day for hunters.
- Gun rental for non-hunters is $250 per day. This charge includes lodging, food and drinks. Non-hunters are allowed on hunts as long as they don't participate.
- Shells are $13 per box of 25 shells.
- Bird Boys gratuity is recommended at $50 per day.
- House Staff gratuity is recommended at $50 per day.
- The VIP package for a one-time charge of $50 per person includes reception at the airport by our staff, free ground transportation between the international and domestic airports in Buenos Aires, ground transportation to and from the lodge, free lodging for the arrival night and of course appetizers, dinner and drinks. 50 additional pigeons are added to your limit on the first day of your pigeon hunt.
- PIGEON HUNT DAY #1 - $750 for day, which includes a limit of 250 pigeons per hunter, the VIP package ads on an additional 50 pigeons to your daily limit 300 pigeons. Free unlimited dove limits is included in your pigeon hunt.
- MULTI DAY PIGEON HUNTS - $700 per day, which includes your daily limit of 300 pigeons. Free unlimited dove limits included on your pigeon hunts.
- Pigeons are challenging shooting. My suggestion is to hunt doves for 3 days prior to your pigeon hunt. Taking a day of rest between dove and pigeon hunting will insure you are rested and your shooting is sharp before your pigeon hunt.
- Captain Bryan can provide pricing on red stag, Argentina boar, ducks and Predator hunts.
- Trout fishing (Fly Fishing or Spinning Tackle) and Dorado fishing is also available.
- Buenos Aires offers entertainment for everyone. The food is amazing in Argentina, especially the steak as Argentina is well known for having some of the best steaks in the world.
- Buenis Aires is an old city and has a Town Square just as every town and city in Argentina. The city Square in Buenos Aires is worth seeing, especially the Catholic church called La Catedral Which is truly a beautiful work of art. this is a must-see to be able to understand the vastness of the beauty in Argentine architecture.
- Argentina has a huge leather District where high quality leather products are sold. The leather district is amazing for shopping if you are looking to purchase a new leather coat or a gift for someone at home. If you have a wife or girlfriend accompanying you on the trip make sure you book an extra day for her to shop in the Town Square. the leather district is approximately 6 square blocks of all leather goods. Important note the leather district is closed on Sundays.
- Buenos Aires has amazing nightlife. There are clubs and bars for drinking and dancing. Two to Latin Culture, The Nightlife starts late night meaning the clubs open around 1 a.m. and typically close around 5 a.m. Tour guides, accommodations, Transportation Etc can be arranged by Captain Brien for Diego the owner of the hunting estancia, should you desire to explore Buenos Aires nightlife.
Captain Bryan - Twysted Lyfe Charters
American Trip Coordinator
Bob Maffei - US Trip Liaison